What are the different scenario of Crypto / VDA taxation?
Crypto/VDA are taxed on the basis of the nature of transactions. Taxability on the basis of the nature of the transaction is as follows:
- Holding crypto.
- Transferring crypto between your own wallets
- Receiving a gift of crypto up to ₹50,000 from friends and relatives
- Buying crypto with INR
- Lost or stolen crypto.
Crypto Taxed @30%
- Trading/Exchanging Crypto with another Crypto
- Exchanging crypto with another currency
- Spending crypto for goods or services.
Crypto Taxed normal slab rate
- Mining cryptocurrency
- Drawing a salary in crypto
- Staking crypto and earning stake benefits
- Receiving Airdrops
myITreturn.com is India's leading Tax and Compliance solutions provider. Our
solutions are used by over 3 million users and by ET & Fortune 500 companies.
Learn more about our products and services at the links given below:
Income-Tax Return Filing | Notice Assistance | TDS Software | TDS Outsourcing | Form-16 Software
For the latest news and insights on taxation, follow us on social media:
LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube | Threads |
WhatsApp (myITreturn | eTDS ZIP)