What all investments are considered for Deduction u/s 80C? What is the limit of Deduction u/s 80C?
You can complete filing your Income-tax return in just 15 minutes using the website or the mobile app:
Following are some of the payments / investments allowable as Deduction u/s 80C.
- Life Insurance Premium payment.
- Contribution to employees provident fund.
- Contribution to approved superannuation Fund.
- Subscription to units of UTI or Mutual Funds.
- Contribution to public provident fund.
- Payment of tuition fees of Son / Daughter to School, College or University.
- Repayment of Principal of Housing Loan.
- Stamp duty, registration fee and other expenses for purchase of house property.
- A Fixed Deposit for Term not less than 5 years with any scheduled Bank.
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yogana/scheme
The maximum amount deductible under section 80C is INR 1,50,000/-.
Not filed yet? File your Income-tax return with myITreturn.com
3 reasons to file with myITreturn:
- Registered with the Income-tax Department
- Accurate and Simple
- Over 24 lakh users
or if you have a simple tax return, you can download our mobile app and file your Income-tax return