Once a return is filed (submitted to Income-tax Department) and acknowledgment is generated, it cannot be reverted back. However, you can file a revised return to correct the original return.
It is very simple to revised return on myITreturn.com
In case you have by mistake given a wrong Name, E-mail id, etc. in original return filing, you can correct it by following below steps:
- Login to myITreturn.com
- Click on "START YOUR INCOME-TAX RETURN" card available in the home page.
- On member's page, click on the three vertical dots available right in front of the name which you want to correct and select the edit option from the drop-down given.
- A face-box will open, correct the details as required and click on 'SUBMIT'.
- After the correction come back to the Member's dashboard to file the revise return.
- Follow the easy mentioned link for the steps to file the revise return Revise (Correct) your Income-tax return
Name Change, Revise return, Name Correction in Return We have explained the process to change the name through revised return filing.