In case client himself invests in National pension scheme, he can claim deduction for the same Under deduction section ,u/s 80CCD(1) and in case employer of client also contributes any amount towards Employees National Pensions Scheme, then the same can be claimed as deductions u/s 80CCD(2)
To navigate to 80CCD(2) Deduction page, please follow below steps after logging in to your account:
1. Click on 'Continue'
2. You will be on summary page, click ‘continue’ again and start from beginning. The follow the wizard (click next) to reach to the ‘80CCD(2)’ page. Or id you see on top of summary page, you will find the menu tab. Navigate to Deductions >> Deductions
3. Click on ‘Explore on My Own’ Link. The Screen of Deductions will appear.
4. Click on ‘80CCD’ Link in Jump to that Section. Two sections of 80CCD can be seen.
5. Enter Details of Self contribution in 1st Section. i.e Contribution by Assessee.
6. Enter Details of Employer’s contribution in 2nd Section. i.e Contribution by Employer in NPS field after clicking in the 'facebox' option.