Below are the steps to add Capital Gain [Securities]:
1. Go to Income >> Other Income >> Capital Gain - Security.
2. Click on "ADD SECURITIES"
3. Add the details as required and then click on "SAVE".
You can also add Capital Gains on Securities using Excel. To do the same, click on "Upload using Excel" and follow the below steps:
1. Click on "Upload using Excel". Download the Blank Excel Template.
2. Enter the details of capital gain transaction in the excel template.
3. After finishing data entry, do right click and click on the button 'Verify and Export data to upload on myITreturn.com'. After doing this you will get an .mtr file.
4. Login your myITreturn account and click on continue.
5. Again click on 'Continue' for filing tab April 2017 to March 2018.
6. Select the menu Income >> Capital Gain >> Capital Gain Security.
7. Click on 'Add New' and select 'Yes' for the question 'Do you have a ready database of all your Capital Gain records in an MS Excel Sheet, based on our template given?'.
8. Upload .mtr file through 'Choose File' option. You will see the details of security sheet populated in the login. The tax calculation for capital gain transactions will be done automatically by the website.