1) Visit the url https://onlineservices.tin.egov-nsdl.com/etaxnew/tdsnontds.jsp and select challan number ITNS 280.
2) Select Tax Applicable (0021) Income-Tax (Other Than Companies).
(a) Enter your Pan and address details.
(b) Select Assessment Year (take precaution here and re-confirm your selection).
(c) Select (300) Self Assessment Tax as type of payment.
(d) Select the bank through which the payment has to be done.
(e) Enter captcha code and click on proceed.
3) Verify the details entered and click on the button “Submit to the bank”.
4) Log in your retail/personal net banking account to make the payment.
5) Enter the total tax amount in the field basic tax and click on the button Submit/Make payment.
6) After few moments of tax payment you get challan counterfoil with bank details - BSR code, Challan number, Challan Date and Challan amount. Please keep it safe for future reference.
Now Come back to myITreturn.com to enter the details of the Self Assessment Tax paid. Select Self Assessment Tax from the Wizard Menu.
To know how to pay Advance Tax online, click here
To know how to make payment of outstanding demand online, click here