Form 26AS is an annual consolidated statement containing details of various taxes deducted on incomes by the deductors.
A Taxpayer can verify his details of Tax Deducted at Source in his login on Income-tax website by viewing/downloading Form 26AS.
Tax Deductor is required to file a quarterly statement for tax deducted by him. The same will be reflected in Form 26AS of the deductee. It may take up to the 1-2 week to get updated in Form 26AS of the deductee.
If there is any mismatch e.g. tax is deducted but not reflected in Form 26AS, same can be intimated to concerned person (deductor) to rectify same.
Following are the steps to view/download Form 26AS:
1. Login to Income-tax Department's website. Click here to visit login page.
2. Go to "My Account >> View Form 26AS (Tax Credit)".
3. You will be redirected to the TDS-CPC website, Click on "Confirm" button to proceed.
4. Select check box for "I agree to the usage and acceptance of Form 16 / 16A generated from TRACES" as shown in below image and click on "Proceed"
5. Click on "View Tax Credit (Form 26AS)" to view your Form 26AS.
6. Select the desired Assessment Year from the drop down and click on View as (HTML, Text).
7. Details of TAXES paid.
8. Click on "View / Download" to view your Form 26AS.
You can click on Export as PDF button to save it in PDF format.
The Password to open downloaded PDF File is Date of Birth of the Assessee in DDMMYYYY format. For eg, if Date of Birth of the Assessee is 28/02/1985, then password to open Form 26AS is 28021985