A Taxpayer can verify his details of Tax Deductions at his login on Income Tax website. This details are available in form of Tax Credit Statement(Form 26AS).
Tax deduction details are filed quarterly and can take up-to 1-2 week of time to reflect in Form 26AS after filing of TDS returns by the Deductor.
A Taxpayer can verify all the taxes deducted, taxes paid or other transaction reported on his PAN in his Form 26AS. If there is any mismatch(e.g. tax deducted but not shown in Form 26AS), same can be intimated to concerned persons to rectify same.
You may follow below steps to view/download of Tax Credit Statement :
1. Login to Income Tax Department's website. Click here to visit login page.
2. Go to My Account menu and select View Form 26AS(Tax Credit) as shown in below image.
3.You will be redirected to the TDS-CPC website, Click on Confirm button to proceed.
4. Select tick mark for "I agree to the usage and acceptance of Form 16 / 16A generated from TRACES" as shown in below image :
5. Click on View Tax Credit (Form 26AS) to view your Form 26AS as shown in the image.
6. Select Assessment Year and View as (HTML, Text, PDF) as shown in the image.
7.Enter the verification code to View/Download Form 26AS .
The Password to open downloaded PDF File is ddmmyyyy of Date of Birth of Taxpayer.
You are suggested to view your Form 26AS before filing your Income Tax Return, so that you do not miss any income / tax deduction in the return of income.