Income-tax department is sending an e-mail to the taxpayers having the subject ‘Non-Submission of ITR-V for e-return’.
Have you received this mail from Income-tax department? Keep calm and read it carefully. Below is an explanation from our end that will help you further.
E-return filing process completes only when the taxpayer sends the signed copy of acknowledgment (ITR-V) to CPC, Bangalore within 120 days of the date of filing of return. If the taxpayer fails to do so, the return filed shall be treated as Invalid. In other words, if the person filing the return does not send the ITR-V within stipulated time period, it will be deemed that no return has been filed for that Assessment Year.
Extended period- Income-tax department is sending an e-mail to all such defaulters for the Assessment Year 2015-16 and earlier years and asking them to send their ITR-V on or before 31st January, 2016.
Please do not ignore this else the return may become invalid post 31st January, 2016. Send ITR-Vs for all the Assessment Years mentioned in that mail to CPC as soon as possible.
Important Checklist for you:
- Verify that the mail has come from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check the status of your ITR-V for various assessment years using this link given by the Income-tax Department: click here.
- If for any of the Assessment Year for which you have e-filed the return and status is “ITR-V not received”, sign and send the ITR-V immediately. Follow this guide on how to send the ITR-V to CPC, Bangalore. click here.
- If you need more clarification for a particular previous Assessment year, you can send the ITR-V, or you can talk to CPC, Bangalore directly on Toll Free 1800-425-2229.
- This communication will not be applicable to you if you have filed your Income-tax Return using Digital Signature or EVC (Electronic Verification Code).
- If you have e-filed the return and still have not received the ITR-V, please write to us on myITreturn@skorydov.com and we will help you out.
- If you wish not to send the ITR-V and do online e-verification, you can follow the steps given in this faq: Click here to know more about EVC process.
For any of your queries or concerns please write to us on: myITreturn@skorydov.com
P.S. Have you tried our new android app for Income-tax. You can file your Income-tax Return or check your Income-tax status. Download from Google Play: download from here