Non-reflection of TDS credit in Form 26AS can be due to several reasons like non-filing of TDS statement by the payer, quoting incorrect PAN of the deductee in the TDS statement filed by the payer. Thus, in case of non-reflection of TDS credit in Form 26AS, the payee has to contact the payer for ascertaining the correct reasons for non-reflection of the TDS credit in Form 26AS.
Articles in this section
- What is the difference between PAN and TAN?
- I have not received TDS certificate from the deductor. Can I claim TDS in my return of income?
- I do not have PAN. Can I furnish Form 15G/15H for non-deduction of TDS from interest?
- However, the provisions of section 206AA shall not apply in the following cases:-
- What to do if the TDS credit is not reflected in Form 26AS?
- What are the duties of the person deducting tax at source?
- If the payer does not deduct tax at source, will the payee face any adverse consequences by means of action taken by the Income-tax Department?
- Under what circumstances a deductor would not be deemed as an assessee-in-default even after he fails to deduct TDS or after deducting the same fails to deposit it to the Government’s account?
- What are the consequences a deductor would face if he fails to deduct TDS or after deducting the same fails to deposit it to the Government’s account?
- Can the payee request the payer not to deduct tax at source and to pay the amount without deduction of tax at source?