We are happy to introduce the new myITreturn Dashboard with ‘Yearly Tax Return Snapshot’ that will give you some peace of mind and help you comply.
What is myITreturn Yearly Snapshot:
The new ‘Yearly Snapshot’ lets you check the following 3 important tax return status of the last 6 years (whether or not you have filed using myITreturn.com). These are:
- Whether your Income-tax return has been filed?
- Whether ITR-V (Acknowledgment) has been received by the Income-tax Department?
- Whether your Income-tax refund has been processed?
It also gives you the address of your Assessing Officer.
Where can I find the myITreturn Yearly Snapshot
- Just logon to myITreturn.com
- Add / Select a tax filer.
- Select ‘Yearly Snapshot’ from the Dashboard.
Why is this ‘Yearly Snapshot’ important?
- Gives you a snapshot of your tax-return status of the last 6 years.
- Checks if your refund has been processed.
- Checks if your earlier return has been succesfully filed.
- Checks if ITR-V has been received by the Income-tax Department (ITD).
If you have e-filed your return in the past years and if your ITR-V has not been successfully received by the Central Processing Center (CPC) of ITD, your return filing process for that year is not complete. The ITD has recently allowed tax filers an extension (till 31st August 2016) to verify their ITR-V of earlier years using one of the options below.
Remember: This extension is for sending ITR-V of earlier years and not for filing your Income-tax return of FY 2015-16. The due date for filing your Income-tax remains 31st July 2016.