Here is a quick stepwise method to find out if you have received an Income-tax notice or intimation.
- Login / Signup on https://portal.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- Go to "My Account" from the top menu and select "View e-Filed Returns/Forms" from the drop-down.
- Click on "Ack. No." for the concerned Assessment Year.
- If you have any of the following messages your return is subject to correction.
A. Pending for response to the proposal of adjustment U/S 143(1)(a)
B. ITR filed is defective/Incomplete
C. ITR Processing completed and demand determined
To get the notice copy please check your registered e-mail address (Inbox/ Spam). You might have received an e-mail with an attachment from DONOTREPLY@incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in or Call CPC at 1800-103-4455 and request for the same.
- To fetch notice from the Income-tax Department for any particular assessment year, you can also follow the below steps.
Click on my account >> service request
Choose Request Type and Request category (Intimation u/s 143(1) ) to be selected in the resulting page.