Gift income



1 comment

  • Avatar
    Tax Expert 1 (Edited )

    Gifts received on the occasion of your marriage is exempt from tax. So, in any case, that amount that you have received whether in cash or any other mode is exempt. However,  interest income on the the amount that you have deposited in fixed deposit  will be taxable and you will have to declare the same under "Income from other sources".

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.