What is EVC?
“Electronic Verification Code” is a code generated by the Income-tax Department for electronic verification of identity of the person filing the Income-tax Return. The EVC can be used by a Verifier being an Individual to verify his Income Tax Return or that of an HUF of which he is the Karta in Income Tax Return Form 1, 2, 2A, 3, 4 or 4S or the Income Tax Return Form filed in ITR 5 or 7 of any person in accordance with Section 140 of the Income Tax Act 1961.
If you are not able to e-verify ITR-V and wish to post it, then read this article.
How to e-verify once the return is filed
If you have already e-filed your return (from myITreturn.com or anywhere else) and wish not to send the signed ITR-V to CPC, Bangalore, you may follow below steps.
Here, Income-tax Department provides you below options as may be applicable to you.
If your total Income is over Rs.5 lakhs or you have a refund to claim, you need to e-verify through your Net Banking account.
If your total Income is less than Rs.5 lakhs and there is no refund to claim, you can receive "EVC" through E-mail ID and Mobile Number.
E-verify through Bank ATM.
E-verify through Aadhaar OTP.
E-verify through Demat Account Number.
1. E-verify through Net Banking
(a) Check whether you fall under eligible Banks for this purpose or not from here:
Click on your Bank Name and login (we have taken SBI as example).
(b) Find out option to login in e-filing website and enter the e-filing portal.
(c) You will be inside e-filing portal. From the top menu, select "e-Verify Return" under the section "e-File".
(d) Click on e-Verify link.
(e) Click on "Continue" button to confirm e-Verify process.
(f) You will get a confirmation message. No further action required afterwards.
2. E-verify through E-mail ID and Mobile Number
(a) From the top menu, select "Generate EVC" under the section "e-File".
(b) You will receive the codes on your registered e-mail id and mobile number. Enter the received codes in provided box and click 'Submit'.
(c) You will get a confirmation message. No further action required afterwards.
3. E-verify through Bank ATM
- Swipe your ATM card in Bank ATM>>Click on PIN for e-filing
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Login to e-filing portal & select option to e-verify return using your Bank ATM.
- Enter your EVC on e-filing portal>>Verified.
4. E-verify through Aadhaar OTP
- Go to e-filing portal>>Generate OTP>>Enter OTP received on registered mobile number>>Return will get verified.
5. E-verify through Demat Account Number
- Go to e-filing portal>>Pre validate your DEMAT account number
- Validate your DEMAT account number>>Click on e-verify link
- Select option to e-verify using DEMAT account details>>Generate OTP
- Enter your EVC on e-filing portal>>Verified