Advance Tax is required to be paid if the tax liability, after deducting prepaid taxes like TDS, relief is Rs. 10,000/- or more.
Below are the steps for payment of Advance Tax online:
- Visit the url https://onlineservices.tin.egov-nsdl.com/etaxnew/tdsnontds.jsp and select challan number ITNS 280.
- On the page, fill all mandatory fields and do remember to follow these points:
- Select Tax Applicable (0021) Income-Tax (Other Than Companies).
- Select Assessment Year (take precaution here and re-confirm your selection).
- Select (100) Advance Tax as type of payment.
- Select the bank through which the payment has to be done.
Enter captcha code and click on ‘Proceed’ button.
- Verify the details entered and click on the button ‘Submit to the Bank’.
- You will be re-directed to your net banking account log page. Enter to make the payment.
5) Enter the total tax amount in the field ‘Basic Tax’ and click on the button Submit to make payment.
- Once the payment is confirmed you will get challan counterfoil with all details of payment (BSR code, Challan number, Challan Date and Challan amount). Keep these details safe for future use.
To know how to pay Self Assessment Tax online, click here
To know how to make payment of outstanding demand online, click here