Advance Tax is required to be paid if the tax liability, after deducting prepaid taxes like TDS, relief is Rs. 10,000/- or more.
Below are the steps for payment of Advance Tax online:
1) Visit the url https://onlineservices.tin.egov-nsdl.com/etaxnew/tdsnontds.jsp and select challan number ITNS 280.
2) Select Tax Applicable (0021) Income-Tax (Other Than Companies).
(a) Select (100) Self Assessment Tax as type of payment.
(b) Select the mode of payment and the bank through which the payment has to be done.
(c) Enter your Pan number.
(d) Select Assessment Year (take precaution here and re-confirm your selection).
(e) Fill your contact details.
(f) Enter captcha code and click on proceed.
3) Verify the details entered and click on the button “Submit to the bank”.
4) Log in your retail/personal net banking account to make the payment.
5) Enter the total tax amount in the field basic tax and click on the button Submit/Make payment.
6) After few moments of tax payment you get challan counterfoil with bank details - BSR code, Challan number, Challan Date and Challan amount. Please keep it safe for future reference.
To know how to pay Self Assessment Tax online, click here
To know how to make payment of outstanding demand online, click here