Form-16,Salary and Pension
- I receive my salary after the deduction of tax (TDS). Should I file an income tax return?
- How to file form 10E?
- Are receipts from life insurance policies on maturity along with bonus taxable?
- My income from let out house property is negative. Can I ask my employer to consider this loss against my salary income while computing the TDS on my salary?
- Can my employer consider relief u/s 89 for the purposes of calculating the TDS from salary?
- Are retirement benefits like PF and Gratuity taxable?
- FAQs on Income from house property
- In case of a self-occupied property, how much of interest on housing loan can be claimed as deduction?
- I own two houses both of which are occupied by me and my family. Is there any tax implication?
- Can a property not used for residence by the taxpayer be treated as self occupied property?
- Can interest paid on loans taken from friends and relatives be claimed as deduction while calculating house property income?
- Under which head is the rental income from a shop charged to tax?
Business, Professional and freelancing
- What is the penalty for not getting the accounts audited as required by section 44AB?
- What is the due date by which a taxpayer should get his accounts audited?
- What are Form Nos. 3CA/3CB and 3CD?
- If a person is required by or under any other law to get his accounts audited, then is it compulsory for him to once again get his accounts audited to comply with the requirement of section 44AB?
- As per section 44AB, who is compulsorily required to get his accounts audited, i.e., who is covered by tax audit?
- What is the objective of tax audit?
Other Income Sources
- If winnings for lottery arise or accrue outside India, is it taxable in India?
- What amount of family pension is taxable under Income from other sources?
- If I win a lottery or prize money in a competition, am I required to pay Income-tax on it?
- List of exempt family pension Income
- What is the tax rate on winnings from lotteries, card games, horse races, etc?
- I have received a gift from my fiancee. Is it taxable?
- Can 80DDB deduction be claimed for the spouse who file their own tax return?
- Which undertaking are allowed to claim deduction under section 80-IB ?
- In case of transfer of undertaking who developed SEZ, is the deduction allowed to transference under section 80IAB ?
- Does Donation paid in cash can be claimed as deduction?
- What is the limit of 80 RRB deduction?
- What is the limit of 80 GGC deduction?
- What is Advance tax?
- How to pay advance-tax online?
- How to regenerate challan from your SBI account?
- TDS/Advance tax/Tax Payments
- How to deposit Self Assessment Tax or Advance tax to the credit of Government?
- In the Challan there are terms like Income-tax on companies & Income-tax other than companies. What do they mean?
- How can I claim an Income-tax refund?
- Various e-filed Return / Refund status
- Common queries on Income Tax Refund
- If I have paid excess tax, how and when will it be refunded to me?
- How to check Refund Status through myITreturn app.
- My refund is still not processed. How do I escalate this?
Tax Filing Assistance
All Other Articles
- Due Date and Last Date for filing of Income-tax Return
- Draft letter sample for filing after due date
- Time limit for Verification of ITR
- Forgot to file return before the Last date? What now?
- What are the benefits of filing your Income-tax return with myITreturn?
- How do I check TDS details from my Form 26AS?
Smart Form 16
Permanent Account Number
- What should I do if my PAN card is lost?
- Is it mandatory to file return of income after getting PAN?
- After making the PAN application how can I check the status of my PAN application?
- How to sign the PAN application i.e. Form 49A/49AA?
- Who has to sign the PAN application i.e. Form 49A/49AA?
- Who can apply on behalf of non-resident, minor, lunatic, idiot, and court of wards?
- Is a Resident senior citizen granted exemption from payment of advance tax?
- Is a very senior citizen granted exemption from e-filing of income tax return?
- At what age a person will qualify as a senior citizen and very senior citizen under the Income-tax Law?
- What are the benefits available to a senior citizen and very senior citizen in respect of tax rates?
- How to change name once return is filed?
- Which are mandatory fields in ITR form?
- Proofs or Supporting Documents to be sent to Income-tax Department after e-filing
- I have made my payment twice. What should I do?
- How to change e-mail address of my account?
- What is Awaiting Acknowledgment? Why my Acknowledgment is pending?
Assessments under the Income-tax Law
- What recourse is available to me if I am not satisfied with the order passed by my Assessing Officer? | What is the fees of filing appeal and Which form is required to file an appeal ?
- What is the time limit for making the assessment under section 147 i.e. income escaping assessment?
- What is the procedure adopted for making the assessment under section 147 i.e. income escaping assessment?
- What are the circumstances under which assessment under section 147 i.e. income escaping assessment can be carried out?
- What is assessment under section 147?
- What is the procedure adopted for making the assessment under section 144 i.e. best judgment assessment?
Set Off and Carry Forward of Losses
- Are there any special provisions in case of carry forward and set off of loss in case of a company in which public are not substantially interested?
- Are there any special provisions in case of carry forward of loss in case of a partnership firm if any partner of the firm retires?
- In case of change in the constitution of business, can the loss be carried forward by the reconstituted entity?
- What are the provisions framed under the Income-tax Law relating to set off of unabsorbed depreciation, unabsorbed capital expenditure on scientific research and unabsorbed capital expenditure on promoting family planning amongst the employees?
- What is the meaning of unabsorbed depreciation, unabsorbed capital expenditure on scientific research and unabsorbed capital expenditure on promoting family planning amongst the employees?
- What are the provisions framed under the Income-tax law in relation to carry forward and set off of capital loss?
Computation of Tax
- What is marginal relief and how it is computed?
- What is surcharge and how it is computed?
- Can a non-resident claim rebate under section 87A?
- Can a partnership firm or HUF claim rebate under section 87A?
- What is rebate under section 87A and who can claim it?
- How to round off the tax liability?
Clubbing of Income
- Will any clubbing provision apply in case of transfer of asset to Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) by its member?
- Is minor child’s income clubbed with the income of parent? |How can parent claim TDS deducted on his minor child’s income?
- Can income from assets transferred to son’s wife without adequate consideration be clubbed with the income of transferor, i.e., father-in-law/mother-in-law?
- Are there any situations in which the clubbing provisions do not apply in case of income from assets transferred to spouse?
- Can income from assets transferred to spouse without adequate consideration be clubbed with the income of transferor-spouse?
- Can remuneration received by spouse of an individual be clubbed with his/her income?
Gifts received by an individual or HUF
- Are there any cases in which prescribed movable property received for less than its fair market value by an individual or HUF is not charged to tax?
- Does any taxability arise if prescribed movable property is received by an individual or HUF for less than its fair market value?
- An individual received gift of jewellery from his friends. The total value of jewellery received during the year as gift from all the friends amounted to Rs. 84,000. What will be the tax treatment of gift in this case?
- Are there any cases in which the value of prescribed movable property received without consideration, i.e., received as gift by an individual or HUF is not charged to tax?
- Are gifts of movable property received by an individual or HUF charged to tax?
- Are there any cases in which immovable property received by an individual or HUF for less than its stamp duty value is not charged to tax?
Tax on Presumptive Taxation Scheme
- If a person adopts the presumptive taxation scheme of section 44AE, then is he required to maintain books of account as per section 44AA?
- As per the presumptive taxation scheme of section 44AE, income of a taxpayer will be computed at the rate of Rs. 7,500 per goods vehicle per month and in such a case can the taxpayer claim any further deductions from the presumptive income declared?
- For whom the presumptive taxation scheme of section 44AE is designed?
- What provision will apply if a person opt for the presumptive taxation scheme of section 44ADA and declares his income from profession at lower rate (i.e. less than 50%)?
- If a person adopts the presumptive taxation scheme of section 44ADA, then he is required to maintain books of account as per section 44AA?
- If a person adopts the presumptive taxation scheme of section 44ADA, then is he liable to pay advance tax in respect of income from profession covered under section 44ADA?
Tax Deducted at Source (TDS)
- I have not received TDS certificate from the deductor. Can I claim TDS in my Income-tax return?
- I do not have PAN. Can I furnish Form 15G/15H for non-deduction of TDS from interest?
- However, the provisions of section 206AA shall not apply in the following cases:-
- What to do if the TDS credit is not reflected in Form 26AS?
- What are the duties of the person deducting tax at source?
- If the payer does not deduct tax at source, will the payee face any adverse consequences by means of action taken by the Income-tax Department?
Filing the return of income
- What precautions should be taken while filing the return of income?
- What to do if discrepancies appear in actual TDS and TDS credit as per Form 26AS?
- Am I liable for any criminal prosecution [arrest/imprisonment, etc.] if I don’t file my Income-tax return, even though my income is taxable?
- How many times can I revise the return?
- If I have committed any mistake in my original return, am I permitted to file a revised return to correct the mistake?
- Can a return be filed after the due date?