myITreturn is a registered e-Return intermediary with the Income-tax Department and provides you a platform through which you can file your return within minutes.
IMPORTANT:There is a penalty of Rs. 5,000 if you file your Income-tax return after the due date. File your return now | Read More about penalty.
Steps to file Income-tax return:
Step 1: Go to myITreturn.com and sign in
Step 2: Enter Personal details
You need to provide your personal details such as PAN, Date of Birth, E-mail Id, First name, Middle name, Last Name, Gender, Father's Name, Contact Number and Aadhar Number / Aadhar Enrollment Number so that a Tax Filer is created.
Step 3: Select Financial Year
Select Financial Year for which return is to be filed.
Choose how you wish to start:
- Upload Form 16- If you have Form 16, you may upload it and all its details will be saved by the system.
- Easy E-file- You may go by adding your salary income details on your own.
Check the Guide to Upload Form 16 or proceed with Easy E-file option.
Step 4: Income details
Questions will appear about your sources of incomes during a financial year. You need to answer them in YES/NO.
(Even if you forgot to select YES for any income at this screen, you can add such income at any time afterwards)
Step 5: Deductions
If you have invested or spent any amount for tax saving deduction, you need to enter amounts at the relevant sections
Income Tax Act has provided various sections for tax saving deductions.
- Investment in Provident Fund, NSC, certain bank fixed deposits and mutual funds, etc. covered under section 80C.
- Premium paid for Life insurance is also deductible U/s. 80C whereas premium paid on health insurance is covered U/s. 80D.
- If you donate any amount to charitable trust, you will get tax savings deduction U/s. 80G.
Most common deductions are shown on screen, however if you wish to enter other deductions such as deduction for royalty, etc. you need to click on "More deductions".
Step 6: Summary of income
Review summary of your income and file.
Step 7: File and get Acknowledgment
Your Income-tax return will get filed automatically.
You will get ITR-V in your e-mail sent directly by the Income-tax Department.
For a detailed step wise instructions, click here