What is form 26AS?
The Income-tax return filing season is something that a lot of us do not heed seriously until it is upon us. Income-tax return filing is not all that complicated if we spend some time upfront.
Of the various things that you need to look into during filing your returns, Form 26AS is very crucial. Form 26AS is your annualized tax statement in a consolidated form, which you can easily access from the income tax website.
You can refer to Form 26AS for all your income-related details on which TDS is collected and paid on your behalf. You can also use the tax credit available in your Form 26AS.
Following are the steps to view/download Form 26AS:
1. log in to Income-tax Department's website. Click here to visit the login page and log in to your account
2. Go to "e-File “ >> Income Tax Returns >> View Form 26AS
3. You will be redirected to the TDS-CPC website, Click on the "Confirm" button to proceed
4. Select the check box for "I agree to the usage and acceptance of Form 16 / 16A generated from TRACES" as shown in the below image and click on "Proceed"
5. Click on "View Tax Credit (Form 26AS)" to view your Form 26AS
6. Select the desired Assessment Year from the drop-down and click on View as (HTML, Text). Then click on "View / Download" to view your Form 26AS
You can click on the Export as PDF button to save it in PDF format.
Now that we know how to view the details or download Form 26AS, tax return filing is a much easier task. Taxpayers hoping for a smooth tax return filing season must spend some time on their Form 26AS. Verify if it contains all the details correctly or not and then use the same for filing your returns.